Coursework 2 accounts for 60% of your total mark, and it aims to assess all learning outcomes of the module. It will take the form of an individual essay. The title of the essay is as follows:
- Why is cross-cultural awareness important nowadays? Please discuss the question in the context of one cross-cultural management topic introduced in the module. Refer to any two theories taught in this module to examine the chosen topic, and critically evaluate their contribution to cross-cultural management.
This essay should be no more than 2000 words in length (There is NO 10% margin). It must be submitted via Moodleby Friday 28th January, 2022.
What do we mean by ‘cross-cultural management topic’?
A cross-cultural management topic can be:
- Any topic you learnt from this module (i.e. cultural change, ethics, communication, motivation, leadership, organisation structure and culture, international HRM, negotiation and conflict, multicultural team);
- Any emerging phenomenon in cross-cultural management. Some examples from previous: the use of technology, social media, business relationship building across cultures, advertisement, virtual communication, perceptions of beauty, and so on.
It is expected that your essay will be presented to a professional standard. It MUST
- be word processed and typed in Ariel 12 font;
- have 1.5 line spacing and include 2.54cm margins on ALL sides;
- have clear line spaces between paragraphs and paragraphs not indented;
- The header must include the student number and the Footer must include a page number. (this essay should be marked anonymously)
- state the number of words used at the end of the essay (excluding cover page, tables, charts, references and appendices).
- be properly proofread with no obvious typographical errors
In addition to the Generic Assessment Criteria for all Level 6 student work, tutors will be looking for the following:
- Format/layout in accordance with the specification given below
- Essay structure, coherence and clarity of writing
- Evidence of wide research and independent reading
- Demonstration of understanding through the application and clear relevance of chosen theories/frameworks
- Depth and quality of discussion, clearly focused on the questions set
- Quality and relevance of conclusions - which are clearly drawn from the preceding discussion
- The acknowledgement and referencing of ALL source materials within the text and within a separate reference list.
Penalties (something important):
Penalty deductions from the total essay mark may be made for the following:
1. Format/layout – failure to follow some or all of the format/layout instructions – up to 5%
2. Word count – work exceeding the MAXIMUM word count of 2,000 words or failure to declare an accurate word count – unlimited penalty deduction, subject to the extent of breach.
The word count should be stated at the end of your essay. A falsely stated word-count is an assessment offence, which will be referred to PBS Student Assessment and Assessment Regulations Lead.
3. Plagiarism – in accordance with Departmental/University Regulations.
The marking scheme for this assignment is provided below
Order to get the full answer to this